The village designed for easy living: how the environment at Lynwood Village makes life easier for over 65s.
People often start thinking about moving to a retirement village when their home environment starts to make life difficult. They might have to conquer steep steps to reach the front door, or have an upstairs bathroom with no walk-in shower, which makes bathing difficult. Perhaps maintaining the garden has become a stressful chore rather than the pleasure it once was and, for some, their home is simply too big to clean, maintain and heat.
Whatever challenges your house presents, if you’re thinking of moving to a retirement village you need to be sure that its environment will suit you now and in the future when your needs and capabilities may change. At Lynwood Village the whole environment is designed with your future in mind, enabling you to live independently for longer.
Fully accessible throughout
- There is lift access to every floor at Lynwood Village so if stairs become too much for you there’s no need to worry
- Residents who use a wheelchair, mobility scooter or walking frame can access all the facilities within the village and the apartments have mobility scooter charging points outside their front door.
Homes designed for the future
- With wide doorways suitable for wheelchair users and level thresholds (there is no step up to the front door) homes at Lynwood Village are mobility friendly. The duplex apartments (set over two floors) and the cottages are designed to accommodate a stair lift should it be required in the future.
- Power sockets are positioned higher up the wall to make them easier to reach. Kitchens have eye-level ovens with slide-away doors to minimise bending and soft-close drawers to help avoid trapped fingers.
- All properties have spacious ensuite shower rooms with wide doorways and a wet-room style shower to make bathing easy and comfortable
In addition to a well-designed physical environment, village life offers social contact, opportunities for exercise, excursions and creative activities. Our minibus can accommodate wheelchair users so there’s no need for anyone to miss out on trips to the shops. Those who require additional support to stay living independently can make use of our Home Care service, which is run by our own on-site team who are there seven days a week. To help with day to day village life our Liaison team are present 24-hours a day and there is 24-hour security and CCTV for added peace of mind.
So, if your home has become less than ideal, perhaps it’s time to consider a move to environment designed with your future in mind.