It’s the most important meal of the day when you’re supposed to ‘eat like a king’. No such claims are made for lunch or dinner so it seems as long as you get breakfast right, you’re set for the day. With this in mind, Prescott’s, Lynwood Village’s brasserie, bar and restaurant, has launched a new range of tempting breakfasts to help start the day right.
Breakfast is served!
- Designer Porridge is porridge you can design yourself by choosing from a variety of toppings for additional nutrition and variety. Choose from a selection of toppings such as blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, dried banana, sultanas, chocolate, pumpkin seeds and honey. Available on Mondays.
- A full English is the ultimate breakfast classic and the Prescott’s version features free range egg (fried, poached or scrambled), bacon, sausage, black pudding, mushrooms, fresh tomatoes, hash browns, baked beans and toast. Choose as many or as few items as you wish to ensure you won’t be hungry until lunchtime or beyond. Available on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
- For a more continental feel try the filled croissants and bagels, with fillings like scrambled egg, smoked salmon, bacon and cheese. Available on Wednesdays.
- Delicious pancakes with crispy bacon & maple syrup are very popular, especially with those who have spent time in the USA where a side order of bacon is pretty much seen as ‘the third condiment’. Pancakes are Friday’s treat.
- Boiled eggs served with warm buttered toast are another traditionally English breakfast option, full of protein to keep you going on Sundays.
Good food and good company
Despite having beautifully fitted kitchens with built-in NEFF appliances, many of our residents choose to eat in Prescott’s. With their 40% discount, eating at ‘out’ Prescott’s is competitively priced and means they don’t have to cook for themselves if they don’t feel like it and it provides a good opportunity to socialise and enjoy some company. Prescott’s Coffee Shop is where people meet throughout the day for coffee, cakes and snacks and there are always people around to talk to.
Why breakfast is important
There is an extraordinary amount of research into breakfast, mostly funded by companies who produce breakfast cereal, but it seems that there are certain benefits of eating breakfast that everyone agrees on:
- People who eat breakfast tend to be healthier than those who don’t. The NHS says eating breakfast can help reduce obesity, high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetes.
- Eating breakfast helps control your weight as you are less likely to reach for unhealthy snacks to get you through to lunchtime
- Eating breakfast stabilises your blood sugar which improves your mood.
According to Kellogg’s only 3.5% of over 65s skip breakfast, proving that with age comes wisdom.
Prescott’s is open to all so if you’d like to join us for breakfast between 8.30am and 10.30am, please do! To give you an indication of our great value prices, the Full English Breakfast is £7.50, filled croissants and bagels are £3.00 with Designer Porridge at just £2.50.